This purchase was made possible by my lovely mother, who wanted to ensure that my feet would stay warm on my commute to and from work (because apparently 2 pairs of socks just doesn't do it). I wanted a pair of boots that would be warm enough on the commute, but that look nice enough that I would still be able to wear at work and to ultimately avoid having to bring an extra pair of boots to work. I managed to find a pair at a cute little shoe store called Balisi just down the street from my apartment. I liked the fact that you could make them tighter or looser with the laces so that I could wear my fleece socks inside them for added warmth, while still being able to conveniently take them on and off with the zipper. Even with the 60% off, it was still quite a splurge for me (even if it wasn't with my own money), as my cap for any single item is slowly becoming lower and lower and currently hovers around the $40 mark. My super-human ability to find great sales has made me into a very cheap person. But sometimes if you want a quality item you've got to pay the price... or in my case 40% of the price.
What I got:
boots
full retail price: $325.00 (yowza!)
I paid: $130.00
Total savings (with tax): $220.35 (that's a savings of $25.35 on tax alone!)
No comments:
Post a Comment