After a long day I decided to treat myself to a drink from Starbucks (because sometimes Tim Horton's just doesn't cut it!) and since I went to the one inside the Indigo I decided to peruse all the nifty things they've got there (isn't Indigo the best?!) while I drank. For those of you that have been reading my other blog,
The Pursuit of Healthiness, you will know that I have been trying to broaden my currently limited cooking horizon, so it won't come as a huge surprise that the "Great Books, Great Prices) table of cookbooks caught my eye today. After browsing the selection (and of course, checking out the price range) I decided to treat myself to 2 books that suited my lifestyle and budget- "Taste of Home: Fresh & Easy (390 dishes that deliver no-fuss flavor)", and "Reader's Digest: The Great Weeknight Cookbook (365 sensationally simple dishes ready in just 30 minutes). Great deal AND 755 new recipes to try?! Yes please!
What I got:
1. The Great Weeknight Cookbook
Full retail price: $19.95
I paid: $7.99
2. Fresh & Easy
Full retail price: $17.95
I paid: $6.99
Total savings (with tax): $24.07 (I paid less for both than either would have been at full price!)
 |
| 1 |
 |
| 2 |
Hey apparently you only get charged GST (5%) on books! You learn something new every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment