Sunday, 9 June 2013

Shoppers Drug Mart: $28.53 = perfume, lipstick, eyeshadow pallet, Clinique skincare 3-step system, and more

I definitely think that this was one of my most impressive feats yet. This weekend was a SUPER spend your points event at Shoppers Drug Mart, making it the perfect time to spend my hard earned 95,000 Shoppers Optimum Points. For those of you unfamiliar with the Shoppers Optimum Points system, let me explain- when you sign up for a Shoppers Optimum card, you earn points per items purchased at Shoppers. As your points accumulate, they are redeemable for cash reward value towards a future purchase. The more points you earn, the more the reward value. The highest level in the current points system is 95,000, which on a regular day will give you $170. Every month or two or so, they have a "spend your points event", where if you redeem your points, they will be worth a higher cash reward value than normal (for example, the 95,000 points which would regularly be worth $170, is now worth $200- an extra $30). And even less often, they will have a "SUPER spend your points event", where, as the name would suggest, your points are worth an even higher cash reward value! So on this very special weekend, my 95,000 points were worth a whopping $220- an additional $50 than usual, and all I had to do to get it was wait! Yes friends, this was a very special and historic day, and I'm hoping just the first of many. Basically, I now had $220 to spend on anything I wanted at Shoppers, just for buying stuff I needed and was buying anyway (more on how to maximize your Optimum Points earnings later). And now that Shoppers has added a lovely Beauty Boutique to most of their stores, and quite a nice one I might add at my particular branch, I had scoped out a few choice items for such occasion that I am very excited about. The only real "downside" to the program is that you do still have to pay the tax, but it is still a small price to pay for all the stuff you get, so in my opinion it's barely worth complaining about.

What I got:
1. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine limited edition perfume
    On sale for: $64.99
    I paid: $8.45
2. Clinique Chubby Stick in Roomiest Rose
    Original retail price: $19.00
    I paid: $2.47
3. Urban Decay Naked eye-shadow pallet
    Original retail price: $60.00
    I paid: $7.80
4. Clinique liquid facial soap
    Original retail price: $20.00
    I paid: $2.60
5. Clinique clarifying lotion
    Original retail price: $16.00
    I paid: $2.08
6. Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion
    Original retail price: $32.00
    I paid: $4.16
Not pictured:
7. Danone Yogurt
    On sale for: $2.99
    I paid: $0.39
8. Europe's Best frozen fruit
    On sale for: $3.99
    I paid: $0.52
9. Life Brand facial tissues
    On sale for: $0.59 each X 3
    I paid: $1.02

Total savings: $220.00

1
2
3
4
5
6

If you don't already have a Shoppers Optimum card, I HIGHLY recommend you get one!



No comments:

Post a Comment